- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, slightly cooled melt butter, vanilla and egg
- Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, slowly add the wet and gently fold together. If the mix is too thick and doesn’t pour, loosen with a little extra buttermilk
- Allow to rest for 10-20 minutes
- Heat a non-stick pan and wipe with a little oil to grease. Pour in a ladle of batter and allow the underside to golden and bubbles to appear on the surface. At this point, flip and cook until golden
- Serve with a toppings of your choice!